ALOM Offers a Fully Integrated Digital Print Solution
ALOM offers an integrated digital print solution. Its advanced fulfillment systems include an integrated state-of-the-art HP Indigo press 5500, known for delivering offset look and feel as well as true photo quality.
The HP Indigo press 5500 is a new, advanced, digital press. The 4-color ink press with 2 additional spot colors prints up to 1,200 dots per inch (dpi). Designed for the production of marketing collateral, direct mail, photo specialty products, books and manuals—including higher-volume production in centrally controlled, multiple-press environments—the solution delivers the offset look and feel afforded by HP Indigo technology and liquid HP ElectroInk.
Capable of printing over 1.5 million color pages or more than five million monochrome pages per month, the HP Indigo press 5500 is a truly universal production device. It’s also the one true digital offset press that combines the look and feel of traditional offset with genuine photo quality.
- End-users can select literature that they’d like printed from an easy-to-use interface integrated into ALOM’s ecommerce solutions—right from a customer shopping cart.
- Printing is completed and the documents are shipped within minutes. The solution is especially economical for businesses with multiple pieces of collateral that are rarely printed, but where print quality is important.
- ALOM’s customers can also place orders for short-run collateral to replenish inventory. Replenishment of printed matter can be done immediately, and the risk of being out-of-stock has virtually been eliminated. In addition, shorter production runs become economical.
- This also represents a more sustainable print option for the customers. With shorter print runs, customers reduce the risk of printing copies that will never be used and have to be scrapped. This helps our customers run greener, more cost-efficient operations.
- Variable print runs can be produced in real-time for targeted marketing campaigns, training materials and personalized information for higher impact.
Prepress is done in-house using a multi-platform environment.