Our policy is to safeguard and protect any data entrusted to us and to be in compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, the GDPR and applicable laws and regulations.
Violation of Policy
ALOM has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to ICDR/MA (International Centre for Dispute Resolution/American Arbitration Association), an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit http://go.adr.org/privacyshield.html for more information or to file a formal complaint. The services of ICDR/AAA are provided at no cost to you. The same procedure for complaint resolution is available for possible unfair or deceptive practices and violations of laws or regulations governing privacy. There is the possibility, under certain limited conditions, for a complaining individual to invoke binding arbitration.
Data Collection and Usage
- We collect data on our website through our response form. This information is only used for the purposes indicated on the form. This information is never sold or shared with third parties.
- We occasionally buy lists for the marketing of ALOM. These lists are procured through respectable list brokers who honor opt-in and opt-out principles. These lists are not used for any other purpose than soliciting business for ALOM.
- We provide fulfillment and mailing services, and we receive, process and maintain mailing lists for our customers, which often include lists of their customers. These lists include personal information such as name, physical or postal address, e-mail address, phone number, product information and, in some cases, company name. We use this information only for activities as directed by our customers. When a customer asks us to process or safeguard its data, we will process personal information pertaining to their customers in accordance with our customer’s instructions. We do not share any data with anybody else outside the company, except as required to fulfill orders in the usual course of business. For instance, we may use it for mailing purposes, and as indicated below, or to process credit card payment transactions. We take reasonable steps to ensure that tasks performed for our customers respect personal data and do not violate our commitment to safeguard information.
- We do not disclose information to third parties, except:
- to our corporate customers where data rightfully was collected by them or it was disclosed that they would receive the data;
- to postal services and reputable couriers and carriers as required to deliver orders;
- to third party fulfillment services for local fulfillment only if they are bound by law or agreement to uphold the same level of privacy and compliance.
We protect your personal information using technical, organizational and administrative measures designed to reduce their risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Safeguards that we have in place include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls, access authorization controls and user training.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We retain personal information for as long as necessary to provide the services for which the information was provided to us, or for as long as necessary to comply with other essential purposes, such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our policies. We will delete or render inaccessible personal data that is no longer required for its purpose and for which there is no other lawful purpose.
Site Usage Data
ALOM may record and collect information about how visitors use our sites. These data may include a visitor’s domain name, type of browser and operating system, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Internet Protocol (IP) address, language, the website from which they arrived, the amount of time spent on the site, and the ways in which the visitor uses the system. We will monitor and use this data in aggregated form to measure the activity and improve the design and functionality of our sites. We may also disclose aggregate usage data to providers and other visitors. We may also use usage data in an unaggregated form where required to investigate and prosecute security violations, or to identify particular visitors who engaged in particular transactions.
When Using Our Online Sites
ALOM may provide links to third parties’ websites. The sites are not necessarily reviewed, controlled, or endorsed by ALOM in any way, and ALOM is not responsible for their privacy policies and practices, or for any additional links contained on those sites.
We take appropriate steps to safeguard the data from abuse. We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures intended to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorized disclosure or access to such information, reasonably appropriate to the level of the data concerned. We undertake to promptly report any breach of security or personal data to appropriate authorities and affected data subjects without undue delay.
Opt-out/Discontinue Receiving Information
You have the right to access data ALOM holds about you. If you want to discontinue receiving information from us or any of our customers (opt-out), please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to Office of the CEO, ALOM, 48105 Warm Springs Blvd., Fremont, CA 94539, USA indicating the name and address to be discontinued. Please include information about the last mailing/contact received, including the approximate date and a brief description of the mail piece/contact such that we can attribute it to the appropriate customer. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before making corrections. There is no charge to opt-out.
Your Rights Under GDPR and CCPA
We adhere to the principles embodied in the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Accordingly, we respect your right to control personal information we collect about you and undertake to take steps to ensure that it is and remains accurate and up to date. You have the right to know what personal information we have about you, and we will provide you upon request with a copy of it in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form. If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to correct or update it. You also have the right to request that we restrict processing your data, to have us delete or erase it from our systems, and to transfer your data to another data controller, and we will do so where its use is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected and otherwise in accordance with applicable law. You may request a copy of your information or changes to it and how it may be used, or that we take other actions in furtherance of your rights, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, or a letter to Office of the CEO, ALOM, 48105 Warm Springs Blvd, Fremont, CA 94539, by calling our toll-free telephone number at 1-800-500-9991, or by visiting our Web site at www.alom.com/contact-us.
Transfer of Information and Disclosure for Legal Reasons
In most cases, you have the right to have your personal information transferred to another data controller. Please send a transfer request including the name and contact information of the transferee to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to Office of the CEO, ALOM, 48105 Warm Springs Blvd, Fremont, CA 94539, USA.
Effective Date and Updates