Each month, ALOM supply chain subject matter experts take a look at events, trends and technology shaping the industry and offer thought-provoking opinion and well-considered insight to help bring clarity and greater awareness of key issues.
Between The Links
The Last Human Written Supply Chain Blog
Hannah Kain - October 23, 2023
AI has become the latest buzzword – even to the extent that I am imagining – but not believing – that this will be the last blog written by a human. ALOM’s CTO and COO, …
50 Years of Supply Chain: Looking back on 25 years and forward to the next 25 years.
Hannah Kain - June 15, 2022
25 years have gone by since we invented ALOM. Leased an empty building. Bought the first technology. Hired the first staff. Started building the culture. …
Boards and C-suite Get Crash Course in Supply Chain
Hannah Kain - May 6, 2022
“We’re just losing confidence that they’re actually going to deliver,” said Cummins CEO and chairman, Tom Linebarger recently about Cummins’ suppliers as he was commenting …
Cocktail Napkin Math Portends Ongoing West Coast Port Back-ups
Hannah Kain - February 1, 2022
After decades in supply chain, my main focus area frankly has not been U.S. Ports. Yes, like everyone else, I have recognized that we have …
Holiday Disruptions Serve as 2021 Supply Chain Metaphor
Hannah Kain - December 22, 2021
During my childhood, the Danish television channel in December would feature a daily show leading up to Christmas. The over-all theme was the same each …
It’s [Supply Chain] War out There. The Best Duct Tape and Talent Will Win.
Hannah Kain - October 8, 2021
“How long can I keep asking my staff to work 14 hour days?”, asked my friend who is running a major global supply chain organization. …
Whack-a-Mole Supply Chain is Here – How Big is Your Hammer?
Hannah Kain - August 26, 2021
My prepandemic advice for supply chain planning: Plan for 98% and “wing” the remaining 2%. There is no way you can plan for 100%. Those …